As homeschool teachers, we understand your love for free ideas and lessons! We've put together a list of sources for your younger students organized by subject. These sites provide ideas, recommendations, free worksheets, games, project ideas, and more. Our mission is to spread some knowledge! Do you have a great idea for an addition to our list? Let us know!
- 50 Books All Kids Should Read Before They're 12: If you and your students are in need of some excellent book recommendations, this is a pretty exhaustive list that is appropriate for a range of ages. There are many classics included here.
- Mensa for Kids Excellence in Reading Program: Is your student up for a challenge? Check out the Mensa for Kids reading lists. Once your student completes a list, they can claim a free T-shirt!
- Children's Poetry: A collection of resources from the Poetry Foundation that includes videos with readings of classic poems that are appropriate for children
- Maggie's Earth Adventure: A collection of online grammar games created by Scholastic
- Creative Writing Activities: If you need to get the creative juices flowing, have your students start brainstorming with these writing prompts.